Have you ever seen a movie where you are watching what life will be like in the future? I saw the future today at Israel’s Better Place, a global provider of electric vehicle networks and services. Better Place is a privately-held, venture-backed company headquartered in California, with operating companies in Israel, Denmark and Australia. Better Place gives drivers access to a network of charge spots, battery switch stations and systems that optimize the driving experience and minimize environmental impact and cost. Israel is the first geographical market for full commercial deployment of Better Place EV networks and services. Better Place uses lithium-ion batteries that are high-performing, recyclable, environmentally-friendly and safe. Drive in, and in 90 seconds exchange the battery if you don’t have time to recharge. Referred as Battery Switch, this allows Better Place to own and manage an inventory of batteries, prolonging their lifespan.
And aside from the environmental, political and economic benefits, electric cars are simply amazing to drive! Check out the video on taxi testing in Japan.
Happenings in Entrepreneurship
- RT @HCasePryor: At the ballot box and with your dollars to help organizations fight for sane legislation... twitter.com/StephenKing/st… 1 week ago
- RT @TEDxUofNevada: The power of us: How we stop sexual harassment youtu.be/ye4Y_VpvCko via @coopermarianne #sexualharassment 1 week ago
- RT @nawboSA: Winning Women Wednesday: What did you do this month to make the rest of the year easier? Let us know in the comments! https://… 3 weeks ago
- RT @sequoia: .@crew_app CEO & co-founder @dleffel offers his recipe for entrepreneurial success. https://t.co/baE6b9znIr 1 month ago
- To solve a pain that someone is willing to pay to have someone solve is opportunity. twitter.com/sequoia/status… 1 month ago
Search this site